Curious Kids

April Burns, Editor-in-Chief

Albert Einstein once said, “The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.” Recently, I asked Mrs. Locandros 3rd grade class at Renfro Elementary to send in a list of questions that they needed answered. Whether it was about high school, friends/family, or simply questions that have always been swimming around in their heads, all questions were welcomed with open arms. I am happy to share my responses with you all today.

Question one: “Is math hard in High School.”  -Chase T.

Yes. Very.

(Just kidding. It’s only a little hard.)

Question two: “Are there bullies or big fights?” – Hayden

Well Hayden, you are not the only one who asked me about bullies in high school–it seems like when most younger students think of ‘bigger kids’ they think about bullying or fighting because those are the things that people hear about on the news or from older siblings. How come no one ever talks about all the great times they have with their friends? It is heartbreaking to hear about someone who has been bullied, but our high school has students, staff, and organizations that take extreme measures to prevent such behaviors.

Question Three: “Do you know Eva Shwander She is my grandma Mrs. Shwander.” -Breanna

No, sadly, I do not. I’m sure she’s very lovely though.

Question Four:  “Why do dogs age and die quicker?” -Kylie

Kylie that is a question I have always wondered about myself. I have come up with an answer that makes the most sense to me, it may not be very scientific but I hope it helps. If you ever owned a dog you are well aware that they are great animals–loyal, happy, and forgiving. In my opinion, I believe that they should live the longest since they are such great pets (obviously) and they deserve it. In reality, dogs spend their whole lives loving humans. We, as people, can leave our pets alone, go through our daily lives, and forget about them for a little while–dogs aren’t the same way. They wake up loving us, they do nothing but miss us when we are gone, and they go to sleep loving us. We are all they know. They have so much love in their hearts that we cannot even fathom it or begin to feel that way about something else. To sum everything up, I think dogs have bigger hearts than we do (maybe not biologically, but theoretically), and since they are so devoted to us their lives pass by quicker. However, we have to remember that dogs don’t really understand the whole ‘dog years’ concept–they don’t feel like their life is passing by quicker than ours is. It is our responsibility to give them the happiest life possible, regardless of how much time we have left with them.