Borror Steps into the Future

Tayler Devine, Sports Editor

As football has come to an end for Senior Andrew Borror, Lacrosse is right around the corner. Recently, he has verbally committed to attend the college of Concordia Ann Arbor in Michigan for lacrosse. About two years ago, Coach Bilyeu of Collinsville High School, spoke to Drew about the sport and that he should consider playing. Now, Borror has a scholarship to continue his career as an attacking midfielder for Concordia.

Borror said “ I love to play lacrosse, it is something I really enjoy doing”. Borror says “I never really considered playing lacrosse in college until I started to play it, it became an enjoyable sport for me.”

Over the years, Borror has played basketball and football. Being an athlete, those sports helped shape him into a lacrosse player. Lacrosse is a new and growing sport in the Midwest. It was hard for him to adjust when he first started to play, but, after two years of constant practice and games, he is more developed than before.

Coach Bilyeu, who has been a big role in Borror’s play, played college Lacrosse at Western Illinois University and currently plays for the Chicago Cloverz indoor team. Coach Bilyeu also plays in the StL Men’s Lacrosse League. I coached Drew in football for a couple years, and I noticed right away he had the skill set that would transition well to lacrosse,” Coach Bilyeu said, “I’ve been recruiting players for the past couple of years, and Drew was one of the first young men I talked to. He’s very dedicated and loves the game, which are two things I look for when I’m bringing players to the club.” Collinsville and the surrounding Metro-East Area are continuing the growth of this sport. Players like Borror help grow the game of Lacrosse.