The Kahoki

10 Ways to Spend your Summer Break

Alejandra Deleon, Staff Reporter

Summer break is right around the corner and it’s an excitement for most teenagers in high school. Some of us may have some ideas on how we’ll ideally spend our summer break, but most of us don’t. Here are just a few ideas on how you could possibly spend your summer break.

• Visit the City Museum

Voted the #1 attraction in the world, the City Museum brings lots of joy to its visitors. The museum contains four floors filled with miles of tunnels, a full cave system, it has over 30 slides, a circus, an arts area, a large outdoor climbing space, an Architectural Museum, a Museum of Mayhem, Mirth and Mystery, and a lots more that you’ll definitely need to see.

• Take a Trip to the St. Louis Zoo

Do you have a love for animals? Visit the St. Louis Zoo! It contains 6,600 animals and 15 major exhibit areas. It is also free, who wouldn’t love to take a trip.

• Go on a Family/ Friend Road Trip

Getting out of town and visiting new places is always fun, it’ll definitely bring adventure to your spring break. A few of the common places people may visit in Illinois would be Chicago, Peoria, and Springfield.

• Head Over to an Amusement Park

Head over to Six Flags St. Louis, located in Eureka MO. It’s one of Missouri’s most popular family attractions which features thrilling rides, activities, and shows. Opening weekend is March 24!

• Binge Watch Movies on Netflix

There’s plenty of fun, thrilling movies out now on Netflix that you wouldn’t want to miss out on!

• Take a Look at the Botanical Garden

This National Historic Landmark features 79 acres of magnificent displays which include the Ottoman Garden, Chinese Garden, Victorian District, the English Woodland Garden, and the Japanese Garden. It also includes tropical rainforest thrives indoors of the Climatron conservatory.

• Take a Walk at Forest Park

Forest Park is a huge, marvelous park located in the heart of St. Louis, MO. The 1,300-acre park holds many popular annual events. You could visit the St. Louis Art Museum, the St. Louis Zoo, the St. Louis Science Center, the Muny, the Grand Basin, the Boathouse, the Steinberg Skating Rink, or take a walk along the paths and trails located here.

• Visit the Gateway Arch

The Gateway Arch is a 630-foot monument that is located in St. Louis. It is the world’s largest arch and only about a 20 minute drive from here! You could take a tram all the way to the top of the arch -for only $10-, and see the beautiful view of St. Louis, 630 feet above.

• Head Over to the St. Louis Science Center

The St. Louis Science Center includes a science museum, planetarium, Dome theater, and the Discovery Room. It is located on the southeastern corner of Forest Park.

• Visit the Butterfly House

The Butterfly House is an amazing exhibit of over 60 species of the most beautiful butterflies that are free flight. Would definitely recommend a trip there soon!