The student news site of Collinsville Community Unit School District 10

The Kahoki

“It” receives mixed reviews from CHS students

Courtesy of New Line Cinema

Courtesy of New Line Cinema

Shannon Riley, Staff Reporter

Halloween is rolling around the corner; it’s time to get spooky. Was the movie “IT” as good as everyone says it was?

By: Shannon Riley

Q: How did you like the movie? Would you recommend this movie to others? What was your favorite part about the movie?

A: I like the movie even though it was more funny than scary. It disappoints me that Georgie wasn’t shown a lot so I think they could’ve shown him more. Something to add, it’s easier to understand if you watch the first IT movie before this one. I would recommend it to people if you’re looking for a thriller movie, because it was more along that line than scary. -Audrey Fowler

A: I didn’t like the movie because it wasn’t even scary at all like everyone hyped it up to be. No, I wouldn’t recommend this movie to anyone because if I’m looking forward to watching a scary movie it should be scary not funny. My favorite part though even though I didn’t like it was when the clowns attacked the kids. -Rachel Jones

A: Yes I liked it. It was interesting and had a lot of popups and really kept the audience on edge. I would recommend it to adults and teenagers. The best part I thought was when the clown comes out of the sewer. -Morgane Ash

A: I really enjoyed the movie. It had a good mixture of funny and scary parts with solid protagonists. I would so recommend this

movie to older adults and teenagers. My all time favorite part was the opening scene when Georgie got pulled in the sewer by IT. -Tyler Gilland