The student news site of Collinsville Community Unit School District 10

The Kahoki

Kahok Boys Take the Court

Krystal drake, Staff Reporter

As the basketball season approaches Coach Lee and the CHS basketball team are preparing for the big season ahead.

Preparation started way before November in order to get in shape and create team dynamics.

¨Summer season , Athletic P.E.  and open gym play a role in preparing the boys for the season,” said Coach Lee. ¨Conditioning , which is held twice a week , is going pretty well. ¨The players are working really hard and I think they know how important getting in shape is for this upcoming season.”

Lee looks for certain qualities in a player in order to make his roster.

¨Good practice habits and kids that are willing to work at practice.It is important that you can handle the ball. Good work ethic all together,¨ said Lee

The team has some high goals to reach for.

Senior Braeden Lemp said they strive to be the best team in the conference and to be competitive in the playoffs.

Even with having strengths such as having a strong offense and scoring team, senior Bailey McGovern said that ¨the chemistry on the court and the team’s bond is a work in progress¨.

The underclassman such as Ray Taylor , Aaron Molton, and Keydrian Jones are helping the team prosper and are some to keep on eye this coming up season .

The team is looking forward to playing all the teams in the conference which includes Belleville East which was the team that knocked them out of the playoffs in the 2016-2017 season.

The boys hit the court on Friday, November 17 at the purple and white game. Their first home game is December 5 at Fletcher Gym.