The Kahoki

Kahoks College Sports Signings

Courtney Marten, Staff Reporter

Senior athletes who plan to play a sport in college gathered in the athletic conference room February 7 for National Signing Day. The following seniors from Collinsville High School participated:

Hunter Counton-Baseball at Stevens Institute of Technology-New Jersey

Hunter is going to school to major in mechanical engineering. He says he chose to go there because it’s one of the best educations he can get and he can play baseball as a bonus.

Emma Knobel- Soccer at McKendree

Emma is going to major in pre-med. Emma says she chose McKendree because they offer her major and she can continue her soccer career.

Braeden Lemp-Baseball at McKendree

Braeden is planning on majoring in Physical Therapy. He says he chose to go there because he liked the baseball program and connected with the coaches. Another factor was also because of their great sports and medicine program.

Courtney Marten- Soccer at Missouri Southern

Courtney is planning on majoring in business. She chose to attend Missouri Southern because she felt like the team and coaches were a good fit for her as well as being able to pursue her business major.

Jalyn Richardson- Soccer at SWIC

Jalyn’s major is undecided. She chose to go to SWIC because she loved the team and coaches. She also says that she wants to get her general classes out of the way there while being able to stay close to work.  

Hunter Schrage- Baseball at Lindenwood- Belleville

Hunter is planning to major in business. He chose Lindenwood because he can continue his baseball and academic career there. Another factor is also the business program and growing campus.

Kayla Tirey- Track at Mckendree

Kayla is planning on majoring in criminal justice. She chose Mckendree because she fell in love with the school and coaches after attending a camp over the summer. She feels that it is a place she can improve herself in many areas.