The student news site of Collinsville Community Unit School District 10

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

Take the stress out of finals
Jaida Jerez, Staff Writer • April 29, 2024
Senior Goodbye
Haleigh Dykes April 23, 2024
Prom Ticket Prices
Katelyn Berger, Staff Writer • March 20, 2024
Safety at Schools and Games
Jaida Jerez, Staff Writer • March 15, 2024
Wilted Season Roses
Dustin Taylor, Staff Writer • March 1, 2024
New Classes Offered Next Year
Haley Bolla, Staff Writer • February 29, 2024
Winter Activities to Keep You Busy
Naomi Hurst, Staff Writer • February 29, 2024

The Club of Strategy Has Began

John+Easley+and+Jack+OHara+
Lucas Brown
John Easley and Jack O’Hara

Chess Club-a smaller less known club-gives an opportunity for students to come in and either learn how to play chess, get better at chess, and socialize with other chess players. They have an average of 10 to 14 people who show up every week. Chess Club is run by Ms. Plagemann. There is no cost to join and chess boards and pieces are provided. All the club wants is for students to come in and try out chess and see if they like it. The club invites Tod Plagemann- a professional chess player and Ms. Plagemann’s husband-once a month to help the members advance their skills. 

“We just want people to come tryout chess and if they enjoy chess they are always welcome to come back,” said Ms. Plagemann. “I want the Chess Club to give students the opportunity to learn, sharpen their skills and to be able to talk to other students who play chess.” 

Chess Club is a great place to help build your skills such as problem solving, communication, and strategy, in a friendly but competitive environment.

“Chess Club is a place with like minded individuals who enjoy playing the game of chess.” Said Vice President John Easley. “It’s a place for me to help relieve my stress and forget about the worries of life. People should join Chess Club if they have any interest in playing chess or want to learn how to play chess. It’s a very carefree environment with Players at various levels. Some players who are beginning and some players who are decent at chess.”

Chess Club accepts all students from novice to master. Chess Club goes for most of the school year and it takes place every Thursday in room 305. It goes from 3 to 4:30 P.M. but you don’t need to stay the whole time. There are snacks most of the time. Chess Club is open to anyone who wants to learn or play Chess.