The student news site of Collinsville Community Unit School District 10

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

Senior Goodbye
Haleigh Dykes April 23, 2024
Prom Ticket Prices
Katelyn Berger, Staff Writer • March 20, 2024
Safety at Schools and Games
Jaida Jerez, Staff Writer • March 15, 2024
Wilted Season Roses
Dustin Taylor, Staff Writer • March 1, 2024
New Classes Offered Next Year
Haley Bolla, Staff Writer • February 29, 2024
Winter Activities to Keep You Busy
Naomi Hurst, Staff Writer • February 29, 2024
Seniors making a impact
February 27, 2024

Senior Bowls First 300 Game

When Bowling, there is one number that means perfection -300 .This perfect score means that each and every pin is knocked down throughout the 10 bowling frames. Many bowlers spend their lives trying to achieve this number, and some never touch it. 

This year, one of our Seniors, Jacob Taylor, achieved such a feat.

Taylor has been bowling for 11 years. “ I started when I was 7. My parents had been big bowlers at the time. Growing up at the bowling alley was just a given.” He explained, “ Even if I wasn’t bowling, I was there. Now that I work and coach there, not much has changed. I couldn’t get away from it.”

In his future, Jacob plans on bowling through college,whether it be for a league at his school, or for a men’s league. 

“Though I’ve talked to a couple of colleges, It’s very hard to find scholarships in bowling.” Taylor says. 

Jacob serves as a great role model for students younger than him, being one of 2 Seniors in a team full of underclassmen.  

“I encourage my teammates through my experiences, and I learn from my mistakes… I try my best to set a good example for an upcoming team by working toward a ‘focused fun’ and hard work”. 

Our Bowling coach, Sean Hay is excited to finish out Jacob’s last year with the high school on a high note. “Over my time as head coach, I have seen several 300’s and most of them were done by seniors.” Hay Responded,  “Jacob’s is the first since COVID.“

Throughout his high school career Taylor had spent time on the Varsity Boys bowling team every year except freshman year, where he has honed his talent. For his senior year, Taylor has focused a majority of his time to the bowling alley, where he improves his skills to be the best bowler he can be. 

Jacob is a good example of what it means to be a Kahok, and serves his school with pride.