The student news site of Collinsville Community Unit School District 10

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

Seniors making a impact
February 27, 2024
Art Class Spotlight
Jaida Jerez, Staff Writer • February 6, 2024
Bring Back the Lockers
Deionn Lusk, Writer • January 11, 2024
Senior Bowls First 300 Game
Dustin Taylor, Staff Writer • January 4, 2024
Welcome, walk right up
Haleigh Dykes, Staff Writer • December 15, 2023
New Math and English Interventionist
Isabelle McCardle, Staff Writer • December 15, 2023
The Positive Changes to CHS
Lucas Brown, Staff • December 12, 2023

Senior Bowls First 300 Game

When Bowling, there is one number that means perfection -300 .This perfect score means that each and every pin is knocked down throughout the 10 bowling frames. Many bowlers spend their lives trying to achieve this number, and some never touch it. 

This year, one of our Seniors, Jacob Taylor, achieved such a feat.

Taylor has been bowling for 11 years. “ I started when I was 7. My parents had been big bowlers at the time. Growing up at the bowling alley was just a given.” He explained, “ Even if I wasn’t bowling, I was there. Now that I work and coach there, not much has changed. I couldn’t get away from it.”

In his future, Jacob plans on bowling through college,whether it be for a league at his school, or for a men’s league. 

“Though I’ve talked to a couple of colleges, It’s very hard to find scholarships in bowling.” Taylor says. 

Jacob serves as a great role model for students younger than him, being one of 2 Seniors in a team full of underclassmen.  

“I encourage my teammates through my experiences, and I learn from my mistakes… I try my best to set a good example for an upcoming team by working toward a ‘focused fun’ and hard work”. 

Our Bowling coach, Sean Hay is excited to finish out Jacob’s last year with the high school on a high note. “Over my time as head coach, I have seen several 300’s and most of them were done by seniors.” Hay Responded,  “Jacob’s is the first since COVID.“

Throughout his high school career Taylor had spent time on the Varsity Boys bowling team every year except freshman year, where he has honed his talent. For his senior year, Taylor has focused a majority of his time to the bowling alley, where he improves his skills to be the best bowler he can be. 

Jacob is a good example of what it means to be a Kahok, and serves his school with pride.