The student news site of Collinsville Community Unit School District 10

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

Senior Goodbye
Haleigh DykesApril 23, 2024
Prom Ticket Prices
Katelyn Berger, Staff Writer • March 20, 2024
Safety at Schools and Games
Jaida Jerez, Staff Writer • March 15, 2024
Wilted Season Roses
Dustin Taylor, Staff Writer • March 1, 2024
New Classes Offered Next Year
Haley Bolla, Staff Writer • February 29, 2024
Winter Activities to Keep You Busy
Naomi Hurst, Staff Writer • February 29, 2024
Seniors making a impact
February 27, 2024

New Club Hits High Turn Out

Pickleball is the New Game
Mr.+Nichols+and+Mr.+Glynn+
Mr. Nichols and Mr. Glynn

Collinsville High School introduced new clubs this school year. One of the many new clubs introduced this year was the Pickleball Club. Pickleball is known to be played by the older crowd but has caught the attention of the younger generation. 

Senior Ben Stallings started the pickleball club and is sponsored by Mrs. Schweppe.

“I started pickleball club because me and my friends loved playing over the summer,” said Stallings. “I knew it was a sport that everyone  could play no matter their age or skill level. 

The pickleball club has about 50 students in the club with 20-25 students showing up at each meeting. 

“I wanted this year to be fun for myself and for everyone else,” said Stallings. “I hoped having a pickleball club would have made an impact on having the best year.”

There was a pickleball tournament on October 30, hosted by the Childhood Cancer Awareness Club. The first place winner was Mr. Glynn and Mr. Nichols. 

This is a great new club to get involved with. The meetings are held at least twice a month on Wednesdays for two hours; They reserve the courts at Drost Park in Maryville.