The student news site of Collinsville Community Unit School District 10

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

Senior Goodbye
Haleigh DykesApril 23, 2024
Prom Ticket Prices
Katelyn Berger, Staff Writer • March 20, 2024
Safety at Schools and Games
Jaida Jerez, Staff Writer • March 15, 2024
Wilted Season Roses
Dustin Taylor, Staff Writer • March 1, 2024
New Classes Offered Next Year
Haley Bolla, Staff Writer • February 29, 2024
Winter Activities to Keep You Busy
Naomi Hurst, Staff Writer • February 29, 2024
Seniors making a impact
February 27, 2024

Students debate about the pros and cons of school lunch

School lunch has always been a controversial topic on whether it is good or it’s horrible. After having students answer a Google form about the food and the cafeteria in general, it is a definite hit or miss in the student body’s eyes. Most of the kids who responded said they did eat the food and or they might eat the food if they know the food they are serving is good.

Some of the food items that are served in the cafeteria are a favorite among the students here at CHS. Pizza is one of the most favorite items including pizza crunchers and breakfast foods. Among the good and the bad, there is a lot of bad through the food that is served. The most common one is the nachos. The cheese is a questionable consistency and the meat that you choose from is also questionable. The snack bar is one of the things that people love the most about the lunchroom. 

The snack bar offers fountain sodas, bottled sodas, water, vitamin water, juices, chips, ice cream, and cookies.  Kids spend their own money on these things usually almost every day. They either bring in their own money or their parents can add money to their account. Cookies and chips are some of the favorite items that are sold. 5B lunch is forgotten about a lot of the time. Kids who have this particular lunch sometimes find that they run out of food, the food is cold and hard. When asked to describe the cafeteria food, the words that were used were, weird, not normal, gross, strange, and trim. The portion sizes are portioned for a toddler.