The student news site of Collinsville Community Unit School District 10

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

Senior Goodbye
Haleigh Dykes April 23, 2024
Prom Ticket Prices
Katelyn Berger, Staff Writer • March 20, 2024
Safety at Schools and Games
Jaida Jerez, Staff Writer • March 15, 2024
Wilted Season Roses
Dustin Taylor, Staff Writer • March 1, 2024
New Classes Offered Next Year
Haley Bolla, Staff Writer • February 29, 2024
Winter Activities to Keep You Busy
Naomi Hurst, Staff Writer • February 29, 2024
Seniors making a impact
February 27, 2024

Drama Clubs Upcoming Play

Haley Bolla
Drama Club Practice

This year’s fall is called “She Kills Monsters.” The play will take place after Thanksgiving break, having shows between November 30 – December 3, so right now they are getting ready. The Drama Club is working on lines, stage directions, fight scene choreography, designing costumes and building sets right now and they are so excited for it to all come together. 

According to one of the leads, Ayla Owens, who is the first freshman lead since director Sierra Hurst took over, said “she feels very prepared.”  So many of the people involved in this production are excited to see it all together and can’t wait to see the number of kids that turn up. Sierra Hurst, the director said “I think they are going to come in expecting a fun awesome show which they are going to get but they are also to get hit right in the feels and then they are going to leave really thinking about life and things, so I am pretty excited for that.”

“She Kills Monsters” is about a high school teacher named Agnes Evans who deals with the death of her younger sister, Tilly. When Agnes finds her sister’s Dungeons and Dragons notebook, she finds herself catapulted into a journey of discovery and action-packed adventure in a world that was her sister’s refuge. In the game world Agnes goes on a quest to save her sister’s soul, coming face to face with homicidal fairies, demon queens and bloodthirsty cheerleaders. Agans learns about Tilly’s exploration into her sexuality and discovers a dose of herself she never knew before. Sierra said that “This is the hardest play that we have ever put on… but everything’s coming together swimmingly,”  said Hurst.

You can expect to see Ayla Owens, Katelyn Berger, Zach Roeck, Keagan Greer, Nora Johnson, Dustin Taylor, Eleanor Mefford, Quenby Wilson, Aurora Doris, Alex Besserman, Kyra Mayer, Hannah Small, Paulie Schreiber and many more up on the stage for the play. Tickets will be sold during lunch hours for a reduced price on the 28 – 29 of November and tickets will also be sold at the door. This one is going to be a good one so make sure to get a ticket and stop by to see “She Kills Monsters” by the CHS Drama Club.