The student news site of Collinsville Community Unit School District 10

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

HOSA State
Haley Bolla, Staff Writer • May 3, 2024
Take the stress out of finals
Jaida Jerez, Staff Writer • April 29, 2024
Senior Goodbye
Haleigh DykesApril 23, 2024
Prom Ticket Prices
Katelyn Berger, Staff Writer • March 20, 2024
Safety at Schools and Games
Jaida Jerez, Staff Writer • March 15, 2024
Wilted Season Roses
Dustin Taylor, Staff Writer • March 1, 2024

DRAMA CLUB PRODUCES SPRING PLAY “ROMEO AND JULIET”

Artwork illustrated by Drama club student Holiday Johnson

Following a trend set by the director for the  Collinsville High School drama program last year, our high school is yet again putting on a play alongside their spring musical. Students are preparing the classic Shakespearean tragedy, “Romeo & Juliet,” which will take place the first weekend of March. 

This show is slightly different from your average tale in fair Verona, as this cast is almost entirely led by an all-female cast.  Nathalia Lebron-Suarez, who is portraying Romeo, when asked about why students should attend the show, explained, “This show is a classic show that everybody has read, but portrayed in a new light.” Julianne Ledford, Kahok alumni, has returned to our stage to direct this production, challenging the students with a new directing style and unique fight choreography.

“The all female cast is a contrast to the all male cast presented when Shakespeare had written the show,” said Claire Wasser, who is playing Juliet. “While this cast is smaller than a typical show in the drama club it’s filled with familiar faces that create a friendly work atmosphere.”

“Romeo and Juliet” spins the story of two young lovers, who are destined to be torn apart by fate. As their family rivalry gets out of hand and swords begin to clash, come watch as Romeo and Juliet find their way into eachothers arms. Expect to see Nathalia Lebron-suarez, Claire Wasser, Aurora Doris, Ailee Murphy, Katelyn Berger, Allyson Baese, and many other students show off their hard work on and off stage for the play. Tickets will be sold at the door for $5. Romeo and Juliet will take the stage on March 1st and 2nd at 7 p.m. and will have a matinee at 2.p.m. March 3rd