The student news site of Collinsville Community Unit School District 10

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

Senior Goodbye
Haleigh Dykes April 23, 2024
Prom Ticket Prices
Katelyn Berger, Staff Writer • March 20, 2024
Safety at Schools and Games
Jaida Jerez, Staff Writer • March 15, 2024
Wilted Season Roses
Dustin Taylor, Staff Writer • March 1, 2024
New Classes Offered Next Year
Haley Bolla, Staff Writer • February 29, 2024
Winter Activities to Keep You Busy
Naomi Hurst, Staff Writer • February 29, 2024
Seniors making a impact
February 27, 2024

New Classes Offered Next Year

There are some exciting new classes scheduled to start next year. The new classes include Art Appreciation, Principles of Technology, Urban Agriculture, and Turf and Landscape Management. 

Art Appreciation is a semester class all about learning to understand and appreciate how visuals are made. This class will also be a dual-credit course through SWIC. So, if you are interested in being some type of art major in college, this class might be a good fit for you. You get to learn about art while gaining college credit. 

Principles of Technology is a full year class that will teach students The study and hands-on application of the forces and laws of nature. A couple things you will learn about include equilibrium, motion, momentum, and energy conversion. In this class you will have demonstrations, math labs, and applied laboratory experiments all so that you can gain a better foundation for careers in technological fields. You can take principles of technology starting your sophomore year. 

Urban Agriculture is a full year vocational class that you have to be a junior or higher to take. In urban agriculture you are going to learn the principles and practices of urban agriculture. Urban agriculture is the practice of growing, processing, and distributing food in urban areas. Some of the topics you will go over include urban crop production, harvesting, and management strategies. If you are interested in going into agriculture and think you might want to live or work in an urban area, this class might be for you.

The final new class is Turf and Landscape Management. It is a full year vocational class that you have to be at least junior. Turf and Landscape Management will teach you plant science, soil and growing media mixtures, plant identification and optimal environments, and landscape design. This class will teach you the knowledge and skills you need for design, establishment, and maintenance of lawns, parks, open space, golf courses and other sports facilities and similar environments. All these new classes have been started here at CHS to benefit students and what they want to do in the future.