The student news site of Collinsville Community Unit School District 10

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

Senior Goodbye
Haleigh Dykes April 23, 2024
Prom Ticket Prices
Katelyn Berger, Staff Writer • March 20, 2024
Safety at Schools and Games
Jaida Jerez, Staff Writer • March 15, 2024
Wilted Season Roses
Dustin Taylor, Staff Writer • March 1, 2024
New Classes Offered Next Year
Haley Bolla, Staff Writer • February 29, 2024
Winter Activities to Keep You Busy
Naomi Hurst, Staff Writer • February 29, 2024
Seniors making a impact
February 27, 2024

Safety at Schools and Games

When students do not feel safe, their mental health suffers and negatively impacts their academic performance. To thrive academically, emotionally, and socially, students require a safe and supportive school environment as the foundation for success. With the presence of security professionals on school premises, they help prevent students from engaging in acts of violence and various disciplinary infractions, including bullying, fighting, assault, sexual misconduct, harassment, threats, theft and vandalism. Collinsville High School has two security guards who switch throughout the schools in the district. They have an on-site police officer who stays on campus all day during school hours. Officer Porter, the head of security, provided some information.

Why are clear bags only a new requirement at school games? And why is it a good idea? 

Clear bags were brought into effect so security doesn’t have to go through everyone’s belongings. It also saves a lot of time. With clear bags security knows what is being brought into the school.

Why are there rules? 

All rules are put in place because someone did it already. If there were no rules, everyone would do whatever they wanted. 

Why is it important for all the monitors and security?

The school is like a small city, instead of having to call the local police multiple times a day they provide schools with monitors, security, and police officers. Also due to previous school shootings around the world. 

Why is it important for fire alarms all over the school?

To be aware of any smoke or fires. 

What are the rules for attending a school game?

You must be a high school student, with an ID or with a parent or guardian. You can only bring in a clear bag or no bag. 

Why is it important for everyone to wear an ID? 

IDS are required so the security and monitors know who belongs and who doesn’t. It prevents any danger and helps identify everyone.