The student news site of Collinsville Community Unit School District 10

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

HOSA State
Haley Bolla, Staff Writer • May 3, 2024
Take the stress out of finals
Jaida Jerez, Staff Writer • April 29, 2024
Senior Goodbye
Haleigh Dykes April 23, 2024
Prom Ticket Prices
Katelyn Berger, Staff Writer • March 20, 2024
Safety at Schools and Games
Jaida Jerez, Staff Writer • March 15, 2024
Wilted Season Roses
Dustin Taylor, Staff Writer • March 1, 2024

HOSA State

HOSA+State

This year HOSA made it to the state and rocked it. Every year HOSA members test in the winter for a chance to make it to the state competition in the spring and this year four made it. Arlando Lusk said, “Going to state was amazing and I got to meet a lot of cool people.”

HOSA is a nationally recognized organization that can help grow peoples’ networks. Participation in state competitions can help with college applications into any medical field. There are over 50 different types of events that you can compete in for HOSA state and anyone can participate. 

Mrs. Wegener who is the sponsor of the club said that “going to state is a great opportunity and you can only grow from being there.” There is so much to learn in the health field and the students who went to state got a taste of all the different paths there are to take. 

Some of the students even had a chance to be a part of something called courtesy core. courtesy core is an opportunity to volunteer and help with competitions. You can keep time or even help keep score. Students who helped with courtesy core said that it was a great learning experience getting to sit in on events that you are not a part of. 

HOSA is all about following your passion and giving chances for students to learn more about the careers that are available in the medical field. State is one of the many things HOSA does every year to help students grow and learn. Anyone can do anything if they put their mind to it.