The student news site of Collinsville Community Unit School District 10

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

HOSA State
Haley Bolla, Staff Writer • May 3, 2024
Take the stress out of finals
Jaida Jerez, Staff Writer • April 29, 2024
Senior Goodbye
Haleigh Dykes April 23, 2024
Prom Ticket Prices
Katelyn Berger, Staff Writer • March 20, 2024
Safety at Schools and Games
Jaida Jerez, Staff Writer • March 15, 2024
Wilted Season Roses
Dustin Taylor, Staff Writer • March 1, 2024

Take the stress out of finals

Kassidy Gray takes a test in the library. (Jaida Jerez)

Students tend to stress more and worry themselves during finals. Are you one of those students? If so, here are some tips to prepare for your final days. Some students find that making a to-do list helps them stay focused. 

Eating a well-balanced meal and healthy foods that boost productivity will become your study buddy as you tackle finals. Eating the right foods can fuel your brain, enhance cognitive function, and, ultimately, make your study sessions more productive. 

You should also get plenty of sleep. Students who sleep better enjoy better grades, better attendance, better recall, better mood, and better health. To enjoy the benefits of good sleep, you should sleep well every night for at least a week leading up to your final. Better sleep is associated with improved academic performance.

Studying is a big key to take away stress. The more you study the less worried you’ll be. You should find a quiet place with no distractions or devices. Spend at least two hours a day going over notes, tests, and homework. Every day you should take a break and relax after studying and get a good night’s sleep. 

Create a playlist that helps you focus. Music produces several positive effects on your body, reducing stress, easing test anxiety, and improving your performance in high-pressure situations.

Don’t be afraid to experiment with a mix of Study Methods. Try them all if possible to see what best suits your learning preferences. Write out practice questions and answer them. If you have trouble answering the question then you should spend a little longer studying that specific topic.

Getting together with a study group is a great way to help yourself, and others.  Help each other stay accountable, quiz each other, solve problems together, and compare class notes.

The point here is not to be too hard on yourself, just stay focused. Good luck with your final exams!