The student news site of Collinsville Community Unit School District 10

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

The Kahoki

Senior Goodbye

Senior Survy
Senior+Goodbye

Many Students at Collinsville High School have experienced a year full of memories, loads of senioritis, and extensive fun will sadly come to an end this May. Throughout the last four years of being a Kahok, most students have been so eager for Senior Year. The class of 2024 were asked some questions regarding their experiences throughout their High School years and to give advice to the underclassmen. Many seniors described their High School experience as excessive, eye-opening, and the fastest years of their life. 

“Almost every teacher I have ever had at CHS has improved my experience so much,” said Elliott Schusky. “Collinsville is so lucky to have so many great teachers who really care about their subjects.” After years of being a Kahok at Collinsville High School, students like Elliott Schusky have experienced a positive impact that teachers have had on their students and the lessons that they have learned from them over the years.

The Senior class has also experienced many ups and downs during their time here at CHS, but one event that changed school for students most was Covid 19. Google meets, social distancing, and masks soon became normal. “Learning online through a chromebook made school very difficult especially as a Fresman in a new school with new people,” said Cody Lutz. Although school was being held through the screen of our chromebook and homework was now easier than ever, life itself for students was harder, especially for freshmen who were now in a new and bigger school.

Many students gave great advice regarding friends, school, and different struggles about life, but one senior who expressed her experience in particular was senior Fatima Gutierrez. “It’s okay to grow apart from friends, don’t take things too seriously, be kind, don’t do things that you would possibly regret one day in the future,” said Fatima Gutierrez. One thing High School is known well for is change and the new experiences you face throughout the years in High School. 

Apart from all the amazing memories and advice seniors had to give, something that is very important to many seniors are the amazing extracurriculars and sports that CHS has to offer. Some students say one thing that they wish they would have done differently with their time at school was to get more involved with sports and extracurricular activities. “If I could have done one thing differently,  I wish I would have gotten involved with more clubs rather than focusing on one particular sport throughout highschool,” Said Adie Henson. “There are so many great clubs to choose from and there is one for everyone at CHS.”

As the last days of a bittersweet year approach for seniors and graduation nears closer, it is without a doubt to say that the class of 2024 enjoyed their years at Collinsville High School. Making new friends, memories, and fun that seniors will remember for many years to come.